Politics | Arab Spring, Egypt, Israel, Jan25, Middle East, Mubarak, Religion, Revolution, SCAF, Tahrir, Tantawy | 4 comments
حملة الخروج الآمن لأبو حامد
We are a group of revolutionary Egyptians that care about Egypt. We want our country to move forward. We need your help.
- We have determined a group of people that we need to get rid of in order for Egypt to move forward
- At the top of our list is Mohamed Abu-Hamed
- We’ve started a campaign to buy him a one-way ticket to Kuala Lumpur – why?! Because Malaysia is one of the few countries that does not require a visa. All Abu Hamed needs is his passport.
- The ticket costs roughly $600 at kayak.com – we’ll choose the cheaper dates, but we’re not willing to wait too long!
- Donate! Details below – anything helps
- Once we’ve reached our target (see the Abu Hamed Meter below), we’ll take it to him personally and stop a taxi to take him straight to the airport (cab money has been secured)
- We’ll shoot a video as we hand him his printed e-ticket and share it in an upcoming blog post
- If we don’t reach the entire goal, the money collected will be given to charity (preferrably revolutionary – open for suggestions)
- If he decides not to travel after receiving the ticket we will re-fund it and give the money to charity. That’s why we’re buying a refundable ticket – just in case he decides not to take it (we promise to do our best)
Who is Mohamed Abu-Hamed?
- He is a Former Islamist that morphed into a Neo Liberal
- He came to the fore on political scene by leading Free Egyptians party during the 2011 Parliamentary Elections
- He won and became popular by taking up revolutionary causes
- After the parliament was dissolved he completely changed stance and moved to take a pro SCAF/anti-MB stance (some saw this coming, but he was given the benefit of the doubt nonetheless)
- He openly turned counter-revolutionary by supporting Mubarak military general Shafik in the presidential elections
- Has since been publicly speaking against the revolution and for military rule against MB
- He is calling for everyone to take the streets and bring down the MB on the 24th
How Can You Help
- Donate as much as you can; our goal is LE 4,000 and every Egyptian Pound helps
- Unfortunately, there’s no easy way to receive donations online in Egypt (we had our techies spend hours on this), therefore, to donate, deposit the money into Tarrou2′s personal account. We take comfort in thinking that you can trust us
- When depositing, write a ‘Narrative’ in the deposit slip, and we’ll publish your message here, and we’ll print all the messages on a t-shirt we’ll wear when we meet him! You can write whatever you want
- If you can’t donate, Spread the word!
Bank Transfer Details
- Account Name: Tarek Ahmed Nasr
- Account Nunmber: 015-009244-013
- Bank: HSBC Egypt
Down with military rule – #Jan25 continues.